New cuts threaten food safety
- April 9, 2013: Power Play: Potential threats to food safety What’s at risk with cuts being made to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency? PSAC Agriculture Union President Bob Kingston discusses.
- April 6, 2013: From the stable to the table Toronto Star
Re: Ottawa won’t say whether drug-tainted horse meat entered food chain, March 30
Ottawa won’t say whether drug-tainted horse meat entered food chain, March 30
The article about the life and [More...]
- March 30, 2013: Toronto Star investigation finds CFIA problems with racehorses being used for meat 680 News
An investigation by the Toronto Star finds Canada’s Food Inspection Agency has serious problems dealing with the number of racehorses sent to slaughter every year.
Racehorses are often given performance-enhancing drugs and [More...]
- February 25, 2013: CFIA says 7 sick from E. coli linked to burger recall 2 cases reported this month include person in Manitoba and person in Ontario
The Canadian Press
A total of seven people have been made ill from E. coli bacteria after eating beef [More...]
- February 22, 2013: BC Meat Inspection Change: CFIA To Hand Over Duties To Province Kevin Drews – The Canadian Press
VERNON, B.C. – B.C. is taking over inspection services from the federal government at about 60 slaughterhouses that process meat for the retail market.
As of [More...]