New cuts threaten food safety
- October 16, 2013: Union calls CFIA move to Health Canada ‘a smokescreen’ Union representing food inspectors says workers need more resources
Karin Yeske – Newstalk 650
The union representing food inspectors says transferring the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) to Health Canada won’t fix [More...]
- October 11, 2013: Statement by Bob Kingston -President of the Agriculture Union – PSAC Earlier this week, the government announced its decision to transfer the food safety mandate of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency to Health Canada from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
We congratulate Minister [More...]
- October 9, 2013: Burger recall expands nationally over E. coli concerns The Canadian Press
Federal health officials have expanded a burger recall first announced last week due to possible E.coli contamination.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency recall initially involved Compliments brand Super 8 [More...]
- June 20, 2013: Union defends CFIA inspectors XL Foods report – PSAC president says better training, more inspectors needed
Barry Wilson – The Western Producer
Food inspectors at the XL Foods plant, which triggered the largest beef recall in [More...]
- June 9, 2013: Review of XL Foods Beef Recall and Outbreak Finds Problems Linda Larsen – Food Poisoning Bulletin
The review of the XL Foods Inc. beef recall and E. coli O157:H7 outbreak last year in Canada found that the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) had [More...]