The House of Commons Standing Committee on Health seeks clarification from the CFIA after the Agriculture Union disputes assurances given to the Committee by an Agency spokesperson about the frequency of meat inspection in Northern Alberta.
Join the Campaign:
- New rules for Canada’s food safety aim for faster recalls, less bureaucracy June 14, 2018
- Final Safe Food for Canadians Regulations are published: CFIA June 14, 2018
- Changes to food safety rules could lead to faster recalls, federal agency says June 14, 2018
- 6 Canadians sickened by E. coli linked to romaine lettuce May 10, 2018
- Alberta meat retailers struggling amid E. coli outbreak May 9, 2018